ST. CHARLES HIGH SCHOOL is a Religious Unaided Minority Institution as envisaged under Art. 30(1) of the Indian Constitution. This institution was established in the year 1944 by the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo to cater primarily to the education of the Catholic Community. Yet, from the very beginning the School gas been open to all the communities irrespective of caste or creed. St. Charles High School is managed by the Allard Education Society, Bangalore, registered under the Mysore Societies Registration Act No.17 of 1960.
The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo was founded in 1684 by Fr. Adrien Bresy, Parish Priest of Wez (Diocese of Tournai, Belgium) to impart Christian Education to the poor children of his parish. The year 1684, of the foundation of the Sisters of St. Charles, also coincided with the death centenary of St. Charles Borromeo.
Therefore, Fr. Adrien Bresy pointed to St. Charles Borromeo, the illustrious Cardinal of Milan, who had inspired him and whom to be admired, who had the same ideals and the same spirit as he, who followed the hard and narrow way to reach the heights of sanctity, as the Patron of the new born Congregation. He wished the Sisters to follow in his footsteps, to live up to his ideals and be guided by his way of life.