Glorious presence since 1944 

ST. CHARLES HIGH SCHOOL (ICSE)

Hennur Main Road (Opp to BBMP Ground), Lingarajapuram, St. Thomas Town, Bangalore – 560084

Our History

Our History

Foundation History

 

ST. CHARLES HIGH SCHOOL is a Religious Unaided Minority Institution as envisaged under Art. 30(1) of the Indian Constitution. This institution was established in the year 1944 by the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo, to cater primarily to the education of the Catholic Community. Yet, from the very beginning the School has been open to all communities irrespective of caste or creed. St. Charles High School is managed by the Allard Education Society, Bangalore, registered under the Mysore Societies Registration Act No.17 of 1960.

The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo was founded in 1684 by Fr. Adrian Bresy, Parish Priest of Wez (Diocese of Tournai, Belgium) to impart Christian Education to the poor children of his parish. The year 1684, of the foundation of the Sisters of St. Charles, also coincided with the death centenary of St. Charles Borromeo.

Therefore, Fr. Adrian Bresy, pointed to St. Charles Borromeo, the illustrious Cardinal of Milan, who had inspired him and whom to admired, who had the same ideals and the same spirit as he, who followed the hard and narrow way to reach the heights of sanctity, as the Patron of the new born Congregation. He wished the Sisters to follow in his footsteps, to live up to his ideals and be guided by his way of life.

Video Gallery

Contact Us

Hennur Road, Lingarajapuram,
St. Thomas Town
Bangalore - 560 084

080 2546 3987

schsban@gmail.com

© 2020 St. Charles High School (ICSE) [Hennur Main Road (Opp to BBMP Ground), Lingarajapuram, St. Thomas Town, Bangalore – 560084]. All Rights Reserved. Designed By YAHWEH Software Solutions

Search